Saturday, February 18, 2012

You're Perfect And Beautiful, Just The Way You Are

 
Maybe you've seen Batty flying around my Bellametrics Permanent Makeup fan page already, but it's time I made a proper introduction.  Batty is an Ugly Doll that I met in Hawaii  exactly one year ago this month.  She was 'hanging' around Waikiki Beach Royal Hawaiian Center when I was shopping for a mu mu, and we fell in immediately as old friends.  Perhaps it was my fondness for bats that evoked my attraction to her, but she also reminded me a lot of myself many years ago.

Batty didn't feel like she fit in to the Waikiki Beach scene and talked a lot about changing herself so she could more easily belong.  It started out with her wanting to file down the points on her teeth.

I felt her pain, for I had once wished I could have an operation to just take one or two inches out of each thigh bones so I wouldn't be so tall.  Now, of course, I am happy to have my height and my adolescent body dismorphic disorder is (mostly) a thing of the past.

I asked her if she was a fruit bat, a nectar bat, a vampire bat, or an insect eating bat.

She said she liked poki sushi, then she smiled and said she liked to eat bugs too.

"Well", I said, "... you have to have pointy teeth to catch your food.  If you change them, you'll have to change your diet and who knows what else.  Besides, you're perfect and beautiful just the way you are."

Batty decided it would be a good idea to come back to my new home and live in Seattle with me.   As the weather warmed, I took her to visit her Vampire friends that live in Deception Pass where we took a great portrait of her at the top of the bridge. 

We were looking for a good permanent makeup artist in Seattle at the time, and our search rendered little results.  That was when I decided to put my talent to good use in a field that has precious few good technicians.

She's been my great support as I began my venture in permanent makeup with Bellametrics and continues to be a part of my growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment